Millions of sleep apnea patients have benefited from the superior comfort and seal of ResMed’s Ultra Mirage Nasal Mask. Now there’s an even better mask available—the Ultra Mirage II Nasal Mask (UMII). The UMII combines the best features of the Ultra Mirage mask and other popular ResMed nasal masks, offering a unique combination of comfort, convenience, quietness, and effectiveness. The UMII is similar in shape and design to the original Ultra Mirage, and offers the same high performance and quality. New features include improved forehead support with flexible pads that conform to the shape of your forehead for even more comfort and stability.
Features & Benefits
- Mirage dual-wall cushion optimizes seal and minimizes pressure on the bridge of your nose
- Quick release clips allow for easy removal of the headgear and eliminate the need for continual adjustment
- Swivel enables easy connection and disconnection to air tube
- Flexible, one-piece forehead pads evenly conform to the contour of the forehead so pads stay in place
- Cushion clip ensures mask cushion is easy to attach and detach from the frame
- Unique air vent design provides optimum CO2 washout and reduces noise
- 360º elbow rotation provides flexibility of tubing position
The Ultra Mirage™ mask's two-layer cushion has a supportive inner layer that provides superior stability and a soft outer membrane that reduces the likelihood of leaks and pressure sores. Air flowing through the mask inflates the membrane and gently positions it against the face so that it forms a secure seal without the need for tight headgear. This unique design reduces the possibility of pressure sores and provides optimal comfort.
Exhaled air flows out through the vent, under the vent-cover, and follows the direction of the tubing.
Breath-O-Prene™ is the latest in headgear technology. It draws moisture away from the skin and allows air to circulate through the material. This greatly improves patient comfort.
Breath-O-Prene™ is made from polyurethane foam with an outer layer of nylon and spandex. There are no adhesives used in the construction of the headgear; the materials are heat laminated together.