Best Full Face CPAP Mask 2019
Full face CPAP masks might not represent the best solution for everyone, but there are many instances when such a mask is preferred. Full face masks are designed to be larger, more comfortable and cover up a wider portion of the face. These types of masks offer the greatest stability and comfort when compared to other types of masks (such as nasal masks).
- The full face CPAP masks for mouth breathers cover the nose and the mouth, and they are fitted with the help of side straps. These straps help to keep the mask in place, so they represent the perfect choice for restless sleepers, mouth breathers, side sleepers, etc.
- There are also Hybrid full face masks available- these cover the mouth, and they are equipped with nasal prongs. Hybrid masks are lighter, but they offer the same benefits of a full face CPAP mask covering mouth and nose
The main advantages of full face CPAP masks
– Full face masks represent the ideal solution for mouth breathers. Some CPAP equipment users simply cannot get used to the nasal masks
– Patients struggling with nasal obstruction
– Patients with allergic congestions or cold/flu symptoms
– Full face masks are preferred by patients who have a sense of claustrophobia while having to wear the nasal pillows or masks that make contact with the bridge of the nose. They find these masks uncomfortable, while the full face mask covers the entire face and doesn’t make contact with any pressure points on the face.
– Full face masks allow a more comfortable therapy at higher pressure settings
– Full face masks represent a good option for those who sleep on their back. This type of mask offers the best seal, and the mask stays in place thanks to the straps (for restless sleepers especially recommended)
Best Full Face CPAP Machine Masks recommendations
AirFit F10 Full Face Mask by ResMed– this is a full face mask that is completely lightweight, offering maximum compliance and comfort during therapy. The headgear and frame help to offer the best stability and comfort, so even restless sleepers or mouth breathers can use it without problems.
– Sleek and stylish design, providing excellent visibility. Using the mask, you can enjoy watching TV or reading without problems
– Spring –Air cushion with a dual wall offering adequate seal for maximum performance
– Incredibly easy to assemble/disassemble
– SoftEdge technology- an extremely soft frame that feels very comfortable on the skin. The structure does not create pressure points and does not create wrinkles on the face
AMARA View Full Face Mask– this is a minimal contact full face mask designed with a wide field of vision. This means the user can move around freely with the mask on, or perform tasks such as watching TV, reading, writing without any problems. The AMARA full face mask makes it easy to wear glasses while you have the mask, and thanks to the soft padding on the frame red marks or wrinkles are prevented.
– Small & lightweight full face mask
– No bulky cushion
– Wide field of vision
– No irritation or discomfort while wearing the mask
ComfortGel Blue full face mask – by Philips Respironics. This is a full face mask designed to provide maximum comfort, convenience, and quick compliance. The mask incorporates the Philips patented Blue Gel technology, which plays a key role in adapting perfectly to any facial structure. The mask will thus adjust very gently to the face, yet maintaining high adherence and seal.
Patients who cannot become compliant with any other full face mask will find the BlueGel mask extremely comfortable from first wear. Wearing a nasal mask if you are a mouth breather will not bring you any therapy benefits. In such cases, the pressurized air that should get into your lungs will “escape” through the mouth. This is why it is important to choose a highly comfortable full face mask that provides maximum seal and efficiency for the required therapy.
– SureSeal technology- best possible seal
– BlueGel patented comfort technology
– Lightweight full face mask- suitable for mouth breathers or restless sleepers
– StablitySelector feature- allows you to adjust the mask in a position that is most comfortable and properly fitting
– 90%+ of patients became compliant with therapy from first use of the full face mask
– Quick release tabs so that patients can disconnect the mask from the hose extremely quickly
Simplus Full Face Mask– one of the best CPAP masks for side sleepers brought to you by Fisher&Paykel. The manufacturer did everything possible to design a full face mask that speaks about comfort and compliance from day one of use. Simplus, as its very name suggests is a mask that is very simple to use, handle and clean yet it outperforms many top range masks when it comes to efficiency.
– ErgoForm Headgear- a headgear that is ergonomically designed to offer maximum of comfort. The headgear is made from high-quality breathable materials and allows patients to move their head without any restrictions.
– EasyFrame- the frame is non-obtrusive, which means patients get a clear field of vision while wearing the mask.
– RollFit Seal technology – the seal of the mask, rolls back and forth on the nasal bridge area to perform an automatic adjustment. This technology helps to reduce the pressure points on the nasal bridge area.
When you choose a facial mask, it is crucial to keep several criteria in mind. For example, if you struggle with claustrophobia, you should choose a full face mask that feels comfortable and does not create pressure anywhere on your face. If you are an active sleeper, you also need a mask that provides a perfect fit. Nasal pillows might not be that comfortable, so again you should go for a full face mask. Read all the details and features of a mask carefully before purchasing one. Keep in mind that comfort, compliance, and therapy efficiency are the most important so choose accordingly.