Resmed Airmini Travel CPAP Review 2019
AirMini is the world’s smallest CPAP designed by ResMed. It has been created featuring all the integrated technologies of the AirSense 10 by ResMed, only packed in a much smaller and lighter version.
- AirMini is the smallest portable CPAP available on the market- the perfect travel CPAP for people who need constant air therapy
- The most efficient waterless humidification systems: HumidX for average environmental conditions, and HumidX Plus for dry climates (and for use in an aircraft cabin)
- Full operational control through the AirMini App- connecting the AirMini device with a smart device via Bluetooth wireless technology
- Premium quality travel bag/carry case
- Top quality accessories for the best therapy on the go
- Several setup packs available
- Weighs only 300 grams (0.66lb) and fits in the palm of your hand
AirMini CPAP indications of use
So, what does the AirMini look like? As you can see from the Resmed Airmini Photo this is indeed the smallest CPAP in the world. The AirMini by ResMed is a self-adjusting system which is suitable for the treatment of OSA-Obstructive Sleep Apnea. The machine is suitable for both home use and use in a clinical environment. The AirMini system includes the following items and setup packs:
- AirMini machine, power supply unit, carry case + one of the following packs:
- The F20 AirMini setup pack- compatible air tubing, F20 connector or
- The N20 AirMini setup pack: compatible air tubing, the N20 connector, HumidX & HumidX Plus waterless humidification capsules or
- The P10 AirMini setup pack- which includes compatible air tubing the AirFit P10 for AirMini mask, P10 mask cushion, HumidX & HumidX Plus waterless humidification systems, and the AirFit P10 headgear clips. Please keep in mind that the P10 setup pack is the only pack including a mask.
HumidX & HumidX Plus humidifier systems for AirMini
HumidX and HumidX Plus are waterless humidifiers. The HumidX is suitable for humidification in average climate conditions, while the Plus version is suitable for humidification in dry climates (such as in an aircraft cabin). The systems are designed so as to offer higher comfort levels by balancing the moisture content of the air you breathe. The humidifiers also provide relief from dryness complications.
When the ambient humidity levels are very low, the use of the HumidX Plus is highly recommended. For example, HumidX Plus needs to be used in an aircraft or at high altitudes. For all other climate conditions, the HumidX waterless humidification is recommended.
- HumidX and HumidX Plus can be used only with the N20 connector for AirMini and the AirFit P10 for AirMini
- Both HumidX and HumidX Plus must be replaced 30 days after opening the package.
AirMini Comfort features
AirMini features several comfort features that you can use to enjoy a more comfortable and compliant therapy session. For example, Ramp Time allows you to fall asleep upon a gentler pressure. When the time is up, the machine will gradually return to the prescribed pressure levels so that you will receive indicated pressure levels and therapy.
Then, pressure relief is also available on the AirMini. EPR- or Expiratory Pressure Relief is a premium comfort feature which enhances the comfort levels during CPAP therapy. The EPR helps reducing the CPAP pressure upon exhalation on a breath-by-breath basis. Therefore, patients can become quickly therapy compliant and will accept CPAP therapy much quicker thanks to this comfort feature.
SmartStart is yet another comfort feature that will help you become quickly therapy compliant. When SmartStart is enabled, you can actually start your therapy by simply taking a breath and the machine will start delivering required therapy.
AirMini App- keep control of your therapeutic session
The AirMini machine is designed to work with the AirMini App. You can easily and quickly download your application on iTunes or Google Play (IOS and Android smart devices respectively). The AirMini app represents a personal sleep therapy assistant, and it allows you to make changes to the comfort settings or view therapy data with a few clicks.
- Manage everything on your smart device- including Start / Stop of your therapy with the AirMini
- Sleep Tracking feature- receive daily stats regarding AirMini usage hours, events per hour or mask seal. These statistics are all recorded for you to view after you wake up
- Personal dashboard- the most recent therapy session snapshot will be available on your dashboard so that you can easily view all important therapeutic data
- Adjustable comfort settings – Ramp Time, SmartStart, EPR. Please keep in mind that therapy pressure will be set by your medical provider.
- Easily connect to your AirMini machine using Bluetooth technology
AirMini by ResMed has been designed to work as a fully integrated system. All you need to do is select a compatible mask and a setup pack that will match with your AirMini device. Regardless of where you are travelling, your comfortable sleep therapy goes with you.
Here’s how you can setup your AirMini device easily:
AirMini accessories for maximum portability & comfort
ResMed has developed a series of accessories suitable for your machine. The HumidX provides efficient humidification without the hassle of pouring water in a tank. The HumidX capsules capture moisture from the ambient and from your breath and turn it into effective humidification for your therapy. HumidX system provides effective humidification in all environments and climates. Choose HumidX for average climates and HumidX Plus for dry climate conditions such as high altitudes.
The AiMini special Mount System will also help you secure your CPAP to various points such as the bedframe, the walls or the airplane seat pocket. There are many different ways in which you can use the Mount System to secure the CPAP to the most convenient spot in your environment, even to your bedside table.
The AirMini stylish travel bag allows you to pack nicely everything you need for therapy on the go. It is a small and compact bag with practical compartments for the AirMini unit and its accessories. Pack your AirMini travel bag with everything you need to reach out for your required air therapy whenever and wherever you need it.
And finally here are some first impressions from users of the AirMini:
You can buy the Resmed Air Mini from here.