BPAP or VPAP or BiPAP (bi-level Positive Airway Pressure devices) offer the possibility of two different pressure levels: one level setting for inhaling and another level adjustment for exhaling.The VPAP breathing devices are extremely versatile and theyoffer maximum comfort and efficiency in Bi-Level therapy for patients. The two kevels are: IPAP- Inspiratory Positive Airway Pressure […]
BPAP or VPAP or BiPAP (bi-level Positive Airway Pressure devices) offer the possibility of two different pressure levels: one level setting for inhaling and another level adjustment for exhaling.The VPAP breathing devices are extremely versatile and theyoffer maximum comfort and efficiency in Bi-Level therapy for patients.
The two kevels are:
- IPAP- Inspiratory Positive Airway Pressure setting
- EPAP- Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure setting
As a result of the possibility of dual level settings, the BiPAP machines provide patients with more air they can inhale into the lungs. The BiPAP respiratory devices have been developed in the early 90s and ever since manufacturers have strived to add the best technology advancement features to make the devices even more efficient and comfortable to use.
Patients with more specific breathing requirements benefit the most of the BiPAP machines.
The BiPAP machines have been designed and developed as an “extension” and a better option of a CPAP machine. With the CPAP devices patients could get efficient therapy, but problems came when the patients had to exercise more pressure in exhaling because of the extra pressure coming out of the device. Patients with neuromuscular diseases were the most exposed to these types of issues, but thankfully the BiPAP machines now allow for two different settings:
- one setting for inhaling
- another setting for exhaling
BiPAP has revolutionized the way therapy is delivered to patients. They can now get a good night’s sleep without
Improving quality of life and offering the patient maximum comfort during required therapy are the main aims of the BiPAP device.
Best features of BiPAP devices
- User –friendliness- extremely easy to use thanks to
intuitive settings and adjustment features
- Most models come equipped with heated humidifiers- raining
problems and water ingress are a matter of the past
- Very quiet bi-level ventilation devices
- Ventilation therapy data can be easily recorded on
integrated SD card for physicians to monitor the therapy
- Leak estimation data
- Three different operation modes: Spontaneous, Timed,
Spontaneous & Timed combined
Who Benefits of BiPAP or VPAP devices:
The BiPAP therapy devices are particularly suggested in the case of patients with disorders where the carbon dioxide levels are higher than normal. Patients with congestive heart failure and lung complications (collapsed lungs) will find the therapy with BiPAP machines extremely comfortable and efficient.
Patients who require intubation but this procedure is not an
option, will also benefit of therapy with BiPAP machines.
There are several clinical references available which prove the efficacy of the Bipap machines in the following health conditions:
- using efficiently the BiPAP therapy in Obesity
- BiPAP successfully used in the case of patients who
require pressure controlled ventilation
- very good result in the case of patients with Hypercapnic
At Sleeprestfuly.com patients can find a wide variety of BiPAP or VPAP therapy devices from brand names such as Philips Respironics, ResMed, or Puritan Bennett-Covidien. Here, patients can also find important information regarding the non-invasive ventilation systems for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
AVAP – Average Volume Assure Pressure Support- devices are specially designed to be able to take over the control and automatically adapt to the changing therapy needs of each patient. The AVAPS are non-invasive home ventilators which provide patients with the right amount of pressure needed to complete treatment.
The AVAPS come to revolutionize the way Bi-Level therapy is provided to breathing complication patients. The machines deliver a consistent tidal volume of pressure to the patient, and these machines use a special algorithm which will automatically make calculations for the changes in pressure which are required to deliver optimal tidal volume.
The IPAP pressure is also automatically increased or decreased in order to offer the best pressure support for patients with breathing difficulties. The AVAPS are intuitive breathing devices capable to adapt to the progression of the disease, thus delivering all the time the ideal therapy to the patient.
The needs of each patient are different. This is why the BiPAP devices represent the best solution for frequently changing patient needs.
*AVAPS are not only ideal for adult use, but they are extremely efficient even in the case of children 7+ years that require ventilation therapy*
BiPAP AVAPS provide:
- Highly improved patient care
- Full adaptability to changing patient needs
- Simplified patient management for the clinician
- Although extremely complex devices, they are also
incredibly light and quiet
- Easy to use and maintain, which is a major benefit for
both patient and physician
BiPAP AVAPS: Advanced technology, simple operation, maximum efficiency
The Average Volume Assured Pressure Support devices represent the most efficient therapeutic devices for patients rewiring noninvasive ventilation.
- Smartly recognized leaks thanks to leaking sensing
- Many AVAPS are equipped with humidity control features-
the device analyzes the room temperature, patient
- flow and the ambient humidity, creating ideal humidity
levels for maximum comfort & more efficient therapy
Benefits for the physician
Thanks to all these advanced technology features, physicians can now enjoy a simplified patient care schedule. The physician can access anytime the patient data through the software of the device and thus a better patient monitoring is possible. The physician can also evaluate the ventilation therapy efficiency much easier, and make the necessary adjustments as needed, for each patient individually.
For the most advanced BiPAP AVAPS machines, physicians can even connect wirelessly to their patients and data analyze/make required adjustments.
Who can benefit the most of the BiPAP AVAPS
- patients with COPD- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- patients with neuromuscular diseases
- chronic hypoventilation patients
- obesity hypoventilation patients
BiPAP AVAPS: Simplified & automatic patient care at your
General technical specifications of AVAPS machines:
- they are generally lightweight, in the rage 1.36 to 2 kg
- operation modes of AVAPS include CPAP, S, ST, PC & T
- target tidal volume can range between 200 and up to 1500ml
- AVAPS are equipped with plenty of patient alarm signals such a low minute ventilation, patient disconnect, low tidal volume, etc.
- display details generally include: tidal volume,
respiratory rate, patient pressure and leak