Patients who need to rely on CPAP therapy not only during the night are definitely looking for user-friendly and easy to carry CPAP devices. Both ResMed and Philips Respironics are market leaders in terms of portable CPAP devices, so let’s have a look at their most popular small-sized CPAP devices: the AirMini by ResMed and […]
Patients who need to rely on CPAP therapy not only during the night are definitely looking for user-friendly and easy to carry CPAP devices. Both ResMed and Philips Respironics are market leaders in terms of portable CPAP devices, so let’s have a look at their most popular small-sized CPAP devices: the AirMini by ResMed and the DreamStation Go by Philips Respironics.
ResMed has been a provider of trustworthy medical grade breathing devices for more than 25 years. They continuously strive to bring to the market smaller, lighter, more powerful machines that help patients get the therapy they need even while on the go. AirMini is considered the smallest portable CPAP device available on the market. The device features top effective humidification system for even more convenience and therapy comfort.
AirMini offers quick and easy connectivity via the AirMini App, and the device also comes with a premium stylish travel bag and accessories for ideal therapy while on the go. AirMini weighs less than 1 pound and fits easily into the palm of your hand. The device features the HumidX waterless humidification, and this small device has all the important functional and operational features you can find in the AirSense 10 CPAP device by ResMed.
- Waterless humidification system – patients can now enjoy all the benefits of humidification but without any hassles. HumidX is a waterless humidification system that provides optimum moisture levels without having to use any water.
- Fully integrated CPAP- all you have to do is select a compatible mask and a setup pack and then you are ready to enjoy the highest quality therapy regardless of where you are
- AirMini App – users can easily control their AirMini from a smartphone or tablet with the help of the AirMini App. Patients simply have to download the app and then connect via the Bluetooth feature. With the AirMini App, users can easily access their sleep score or 30-day therapy history progress.
Plenty of accessories available that go with the AirMini device: heat moisture exchangers that help to provide effective humidification, the ResMed mount system that allows you to mount the device to certain points (e.g. your bed frame), or the AirMini Travel Bag which is a small and compact travel style bag.
If you are looking for the smallest sleep therapy system provided by ResMed, you should pair your AirMini device with the AirFit P10 mask.
Philips made a breakthrough with its launch of DreamStation Go. The device has 1/3 fewer parts when compared to other portable types of CPAP devices. Also, DreamStation Go is 50% smaller than the SystemOne or other DreamStation devices by Philips.
- Weighs less than 2 pounds
- Ideal portable CPAP for traveling or outdoors activities (traveling by plane, camping, workout, etc.)
- Smallest and lightest tubing system by Philips Respironics
- Highly intuitive color touchscreen offering a very simple setup& easy navigation
- In-built power supply & USB port for quick charging of mobile devices
- Rechargeable battery integrated + Bluetooth connectivity
Thanks to its ultra flexible and sleek 12mm tubing system, users can now get all the freedom of movement they need while sleeping. The tubing system is up to 60% smaller than the standard 22mm tubing systems. Patient comfort is maximized through the Flex Technology. DreamStation Go uses Flex technology just as the SystemOne or the DreamStation devices. Flex technology helps to track the breathing patterns of the patient and then provide pressure relief upon exhalation. Flex technology will also ease the transition of pressure from inhalation to exhalation in order to mimic the natural breathing pattern of the patient. Therefore, Flex technology follows the patient’s breathing pattern on a breath-by-breath basis to provide the best compliance and therapy efficiency.
Patients looking for a small, portable and relatively light CPAP device can opt either for the AirMini or the DreamStation Go. Both devices offer similar features, with the DreamStation also offering pressure relief and a much more flexible tubing system. AirMini is smaller with fewer features, while DreamStation Go is a little bulkier with more integrated features.
When selecting a travel CPAP it is important to carefully check out the features before purchasing. For example, patients with higher required pressures will certainly need the Flex technology to make their therapy more comfortable. On the other hand, users with lower pressure requirements may want to look at an extremely stylish, small and lightweight travel CPAP such as the AirMini.
Also, patients who already own a standard ResMed or Philips Respironics device and they are compliant with the therapy provided, they may want to opt for a travel CPAP offered by the same brand they trust. Before opting for a travel CPAP, you should also check out all the compatible accessories that you can purchase with your device (connectivity accessories, cleaning kits, compatible masks or humidification accessories).
If you need more comparison information about CPAP devices you can visit our helpful CPAP comparison chart.