ResMed MOBI Portable Oxygen Concentrator Review 2019
Patients who require the use of a POC- Portable Oxygen Concentrator- generally complain about having to use heavy equipment which cannot be carried around easily. The good news is that ResMed has launched the Mobi Portable oxygen concentrator which has been designed to offer utmost portability, efficiency and quick compliance. Mobi is an ingenious, technologically advanced portable oxygen concentrator which allows users to enjoy more freedom of movement. The machine has a lightweight overall design, and battery life is quite long as well. Thanks to the ergonomic carry bag, patients can take the device with them wherever they go.
What’s included within packaging
Patients who decide to make a change and switch from their heavy POCs to something lighter and more efficient will receive the following in the box when purchasing the Mobi by ResMed:
- The main unit- ResMed Mobi portable oxygen concentrator- the device will adjust perfectly to your natural breathing pattern. Mobi delivers a personalized oxygen therapy session each time you will use it. There are two different modes available, and these are Rest and Active. The device can simply adjust to your exact breathing needs, depending on whether you are in a physically resting or active position. Take long walks, perform daily physical activities, yoga, gym or any other physical activity required while enjoying a personalized oxygen treatment. With each and every breath you take, Mobi can deliver the required dose of oxygen thanks to the inbuilt PulseWave technology.
- Chargers- AC+DC charger in order to help you charge your concentrator from the mains power
- DC charger to allow charging your POXC from a DC source
- Ultra stylish carry bag- personalized to fit perfectly your Mobi portable oxygen concentrator
- Extra accessories- you can choose among several matching accessories available, which will help making your therapy even more comfortable and personalized- these extra accessories include the external batteries or the stylish personalized backpack for more convenience and freedom of movement.
ResMed Mobi: Ingenious Control Panel Features
ResMed Mobi is packed with intelligent and technologically advanced features all throughout. You can track each detail of your current oxygen therapy session, and with the push of a few buttons you can make any necessary changes. The power level on the device is indicated by a green LED light, while the Alarm will be displayed by a yellow LED. Each time the machine senses a change in operation, the Alarm signal will inform you through a soft sound. If you wish to disable the Alarm signals, you can do that by pushing the Mute button on the main unit.
In the “Message” field you will be able to check out the alarm which has the highest priority (such as battery low for example). Then, you immediately know that it is time to charge the battery. Whenever the unit is connected to an external power supply, you will also be informed in this section. Some other symbols and notifications available include: PulseWave symbol, Auto-Dose symbol, User Mode Display, etc. The User Mode displays the sensitivity mode of the patient, which are Rest or Active. The setting will change on an automatic basis, depending on your activity level (walking/ working out vs. resting for example).
Greater freedom of movement
Patients diagnosed with COPD and other breathing-related problems that require the use of a POC know that physical activity is of great importance to them. ResMed Mobi has been designed specifically to help patients stay active. They can travel, walk, travel by plane, work out, and spend as much time outdoors as they wish while getting the required therapy.
PulseWave technology follows the natural breathing pattern of the patient. This ensures patients are receiving the required oxygen levels regardless of whether they are resting or performing activities. Patients do not have to carry around heavy and complicated POC equipment anymore. They simply pack their Mobi in the stylish carry bag or backpack and they are ready to enjoy the greatest freedom of movement.
Engaging in physical activity and traveling is now easier than ever with Mobi. The POC has also been designed to offer the best compliance even for first-time users. The device follows gently the natural breathing pattern of the patient regardless of the situation. Mobi definitely encourages an active lifestyle, so that patients can stay happier and healthier and not be constrained by having to use a heavy and large-sized POC for their therapy.
- No more sedentary lives for COPD patients
- Quick compliance even for first-time therapy users
- Personalized oxygen therapy at every step
- 5-year warranty offered by the manufacturer
FAA Approved portable oxygen concentrator
Mobi by ResMed is indeed a treatment device that is approved by the FAA for use on an aircraft. This approval is labeled on the main unit’s bottom part, so you can rest assured that you can easily travel with Mobi on a plane.
It is important to mention that each airline has its own requirements regarding the use of a POC on the aircraft. This is why you should always check with your airline prior to traveling what are the main requirements set by that company. Usually, you can download a physician’s form from the company’s main website. This form need needs to be filled out and signed by your physician, and then you should take this statement with you for inspection at the airport.
Extended operation with an external battery
If you opt for an external battery, then you will enjoy up to 3 more hours of continuous operation (on Pulse mode level 2). An external battery helps you enjoy even more peace of mind and freedom of movement, so it is always a smart choice to invest in one. The external battery is lightweight, the recharge time is about 2 hours, and even on the highest pulse setting of 4, you get 1.5 hours of continuous operation. Mobi weighs approximately 5.5 pounds with the carry bag included, and it has 4 different flow settings.