Choosing the perfect full face mask might easily become a huge challenge. The market is simply invaded by a plethora of products offered by different manufacturers. However, one of the first things you should consider when shopping for a full face CPAP mask is to select one offered by a top reputable provider. This way, […]
Choosing the perfect full face mask might easily become a huge challenge. The market is simply invaded by a plethora of products offered by different manufacturers. However, one of the first things you should consider when shopping for a full face CPAP mask is to select one offered by a top reputable provider. This way, you can rest assured that the components and the accessories are made of the highest quality materials and that you will benefit of the manufacturer’s guarantee even for up to 2 years.
Two of the most popular minimalistic style full face masks are the Amara View offered by Philips Respironics and the AirFit F30 offered by ResMed. Both masks were created with the main focus on comfort, therapy compliance, and high efficiency. Let’s check out the main representative features of each mask so that you can make a well-informed decision when buying.
Amara View Full Face CPAP mask by Philips Respironics
This is a lightweight full face mask designed with user-friendliness in mind. Even first time CPAP users will feel extremely comfortable and become quickly compliant with required oxygen therapy even at higher pressures. The mask has an overall minimalist design, so those looking to avoid bulky and heavy masks will make a perfect choice with the Amar Full Face mask by Respironics.
- The mask helps to provide a very gentle, soft yet highly secure seal. Patients will not experience skin irritations or red marks on the face or around the bridge of the nose. The mask is made up of only 4 main components: the one-piece frame, soft and comfortable cushion part, the Headgear and a short and flexible tube.
- You can easily and quickly adjust the frame to fit your comfort levels by pulling the mask right over your head and then adjusting the cushion over your nostrils. The cushion is designed with innovative technology, so there is no need to over tighten the headgear in order to enjoy a comfortable and stable fit.
Some of the main highlights of the Amara View Full Face CPAP mask offered by Respironics:
- Several size cushions available so that you can instantly find the perfect fit
- Quiet exhalation design- so that both you and your bed partner can enjoy a quiet and restful night of sleep
- Innovative minimal contact design
- A non-obstructive line of sight- comfortably watch TV or read while in bed and wearing your mask. The mask will not obstruct your vision in any way
- Quick disconnect, short and flexible tube
With Amara View, the manufacturer truly simplified the design of a full face mask, while focusing intensely on offering patients maximum security, efficiency and quick compliance for their required treatment. Within packaging, you will receive the following: the mask frame, the cushion, a short mask tube, the headgear and the headgear clips.
There are also plenty of replacement parts that you can purchase whenever you need to make such replacements. These include the Respironics Amara View Headgear, Amara View replacement cushion, headgear clips for the full face mask or the Amara View Quick Release short tubing.
Extra, small lightweight full face mask
Innovative design which helps to prevent all sorts of irritations and red marks. Provides the widest field of vision
No bulky cushion. No bulky frame. Everything is flexible and light yet extremely stable
AirFit F30 Full Face Mask offered by ResMed
AirFit F30 is yet another high-performance full face mask, promising minimal coverage yet maximum performance for your required treatment sessions. This mask will sit somewhat lower on your face providing you with a clear line of sight. The mask also covers only small portions of your face, which means there is less interaction of the parts with your skin- no more irritations, red marks or discomforts.
With this full face mask, you can comfortably wear your glasses, read, watch TV or even sleep on your side without feeling any discomfort. The mask features QuietAir Vent, which ensures the mask is actually much quieter than the ambient noise in your room. You can easily put on and take off the mask thanks to the quick release magnetic clips. The mask also allows for a fast first time fit thanks to the one size fits all headgear component.
AirFit F30 top highlights:
- Compact cushion – created to provide a perfect seal at the bridge of the nose and help to avoid discomfort, red marks, and irritations. According to studies in the field, the ultra-compact cushion is designed to provide a good fit for up to 93% of the patients from first use
- QuietAir Vent technology- high tech diffuser technology which helps to break up the exhaled air and diffusing it in an even manner. This way, both you and your bed partner can enjoy a quiet and restful night of sleep without waking up because of the loud exhalation coming from the mask
- Magnetic Clips on headgear- the magnetic headgear clips help connecting the headgear and the mask frame. These clips will lock into place effortlessly, allowing users to easily put on or take off the mask
- One-size fits all headgear- provides the best first-time fit by following the individual facial contours of each user
When you purchase the AirFit F30 full face mask, this is what is included in the box: the innovative mask frame, one size fits all headgear, 2 magnetic clips, and the full face cushion.
As you can easily note, these masks are quite similar and they are available at similar prices too. Both are minimalistic full face masks with a focus on patient comfort, a free field of vision, compliance and the best performance. The AirFit F30 sits a little lower on your face, so it can be easily said that it provides a wider field of vision.
Both masks are available with plenty of replacement accessories. Whenever some parts wear out, you can purchase them and replace them with great ease. The replacement parts are inexpensive and made of the highest quality materials.
JasonFebruary 19, 2019 4:44 pm
Will the amara view full face mask liners fit the ResMed air fit f30? I am experiencing a rash around the mouth where the ResMed mask touches my skin. Thank you
Charles GoldbergFebruary 21, 2019 8:25 am
No it will not but stay tune as there will be a Silent Night Mask Liner coming out soon for that mask.
L BradleySeptember 16, 2019 6:40 pm
I am currently using the Respironics Amara View Mask Liner on my Resmed F30 mask and it is helping with my skin irritation. It lines up well.