Top 5 BiPAP Machines 2019
BiPAP – or BiLevel Positive Airway Pressure- is an oxygen therapy device that is quite similar in form and function with a CPAP. However, the CPAP delivers a fixed pressure while the BiLevel machine has two different pressures. The BiPAP device delivers one type of pressure setting upon the inhalation phase and this is called IPAP and a different pressure for the exhalation phase which is called EPAP.
So how does a BiPAP actually work to deliver compliant oxygen therapy? Upon exhalation, the pressure will be lowered so that the patient can breathe out against a gentle pressure. However, the device will increase pressure to prescribed levels upon the inhalation phase to ensure compliance. So let’s check out the top 5 BiPAP machines 2019:
This is a fully automatic BiPAP machine, rated as excellent by the greatest majority of users. The device is set up with a user friendly menu, colorful display and comes with an extra stylish and compact design. This BiPAP can be used both as a standalone Bi-Level device (as a fixed CPAP) or as an Auto Bi-level device. When set on Auto, it will deliver different pressures during inhale and exhale phases.
DreamStation with C-Flex & Bi-Flex features is a premium category device fulfilling the needs and requirements of each patient. The C-Flex helps ensuring a smooth transition between pressure changes from inhalation to exhalation, so that users can enjoy a restful night of sleep without abrupt interruptions because of the pressure change.
- Easy connect with the care team for patient management purposes
- DreamMapper app – providing professional feedback with text and patient video tutorials
- EZ-Start- for easy acclimation
- Advanced event detection
- Mask Fit check / Humidification/ Heated Tube
The ResMed S9 Auto BiLEVEL device is definitely among the top 5 BiPAP machines 2019. One of the main features of the device is that it has a whisper quiet operation, for maximum patient comfort during therapy. Thus, patients become compliant much easier and they can enjoy efficient therapy at prescribed levels from the very first few days of use.
Climate Control with H5i ensures that the patients enjoy air therapy at comfortable humidification and temperature levels. Thanks to the EasyBreathe motor technology, patients can get a quiet and restful night of sleep, without being disturbed by the loud operation of the device. Thanks to the V-Auto mode, the delivery of the pressure synchronizes perfectly with the natural breathing waveform of the patient.
- Data management solutions incorporated
- 3 modes of operation: fixed CPAP, Fixed Bi-Level and Automatic Bi-Level
- Easy Breathe + VSync
- Automatic leak management
When making up a list with the top 5 BiPAP Machines 2019, one cannot leave aside the premium category ResMed Aircurve 10S. Firstly, it is a compact and highly travel friendly BiPAP device with inbuilt humidifier for maximum therapy comfort and compliance. What brings AirCurve 10S to a premium level is the multitude of features the device is equipped with:
- AutoRamp- the device will automatically deliver a lower pressure at the beginning of the therapy, so that the patient can fall asleep on a comfortable and gentle pressure setting. When the ramp time is up, the device will return to higher, prescribed levels of pressure
- Advanced event detection- patients receive efficient therapy at all times, since the device is capable of making a difference between Central and Obstructive sleep apnea events.
- Connected Care: in-built wireless technology facilitates the connection to the AirView cloud-based platform. Thus, patients can troubleshoot remotely, change device settings or receive answers to important therapy related questions.
This is a truly intelligent AutoBilevel device, incorporating the comfort of BiLevel technology and Auto Adjust technology to deliver maximum comfort and therapy compliance to the patient. With the help of the outstanding Auto Adjust algorithm, the device will adjust automatically the pressure requirements of the patient on inhalation and exhalation phase.
The IntelliPAP comes with a compact design, and a large LCD screen that is backlit, ensuring patients can easily read the data and make the necessary adjustments. Patients can also easily remove/replace the humidifier reservoir, which also includes an overfull protection. The device allows for a truly simplified operation, being equipped with 3 large buttons that basically control all major settings and operations of the device. This BiLevel unit also features the delay pressure function which allows the user to fall asleep on a much gentler pressure, while the device will ramp up to prescribed pressure within 0 to 45 minutes. Patients can easily set the ramp time in 5 minute increments, up to 45 minutes.
5.Respironics BiPAP Auto SV Advanced System One
Last but not least on our top 5 BiPAP machines 2019 list, you can find the BiPAP Auto SV Advanced System One by Philips Respironics. This device is capable of delivering efficient treatment even to the most complex sleep disordered patients. Care teams can stay in constant connection with their patients and change treatment settings whenever necessary. The machine can monitor sleep related important parameters such as flow limitation or AHI leaks.
BiPAP Auto SV Advanced System One offers extremely detailed waveform data and actually recognizes critical indicators beyond the regular OSA signs and symptoms. Patient management becomes extremely efficient and even simple with the use of this device. Patients with difficulty to adjust to the new therapy can now get the peace of mind they need thanks to the Bi-Flex pressure relief system. Upon inhalation, the device will lower the pressure and then return to prescribed levels by the time inhalation starts. This device makes oxygen therapy extremely natural, comfortable and compliant for the patient.
- Automatic Altitude compensation
- System One Heated Humidifier for maximum comfort & compliance
- Lighted LED controls – user friendly operation system
- 0 to 45 min ramp time option
- Bi-Flex pressure relief system
- Breathing detection
These are the best BiPAP machines up to date, we will keep you informed on the new machines that come out later this year.