ResMed AirCurve™ 10 S
AirCurve 10 S
ResMed is a market leading provider of sleep apnea solutions custom tailored to the ever changing needs and requirements of patients with respiratory problems. The innovative AirCurve 10 S is a device specifically designed for patients who find it very difficult to fall asleep against a continuous pressure coming from their machine. Since the continuous pressure might be too high, patients struggle with the exhalation process. This is why for a comfortable breathing during sleep, they require a device that will automatically lower the pressure upon the exhalation process. AirCurve 10 S by ResMed is a device that allows for a much more comfortable breathing, delivering a gentle pressure upon exhalation.
AirCurve 10 S is beneficial to:
- Patients who find it difficult to adjust to CPAP therapy using a fixed pressure device
- Patients who require extra pressure support
Respiratory & apnea care devices available on the market are very different, but ResMed pays attention to engineer devices that offer better and quicker compliance and greater comfort to the widest range of patients. ResMed offers a full spectrum of apnea supporting devices, including CPAPs, auto titration devices, Bi-level solutions and more.
AirCurve 10 S is a BiLevel sleep apnea machine- also known as BiPAP.
How does a BiPAP work & why is it a more efficient solution?
- BiPAP- or BiLevel Positive Airway Pressure device will deliver prescribed pressure upon inhalation to deliver the required amount of pressure to the airway, but it will automatically lower the pressure when it senses the exhalation process, in order to allow the patient to enjoy a more comfortable breathing.
- A BiPAP device represents the most efficient solution for patients struggling with Central Sleep Apnea, the medical condition in which the brain is not capable of sending the required signals to the muscles that control the breathing process.
- Smart & innovative inbuilt features in the new AirCurve 10S will “sense” the weak breathing pattern of CSA and continuously work on delivering custom tailored, comfortable therapy at the required pressure levels. Thanks to the 2 adjustable set pressures, AirCurve 10 S will make therapy feel even more comfortable.
Many patients find a BiPAP device more comfortable and patient friendly mainly because it has two pressure levels: one for breathing in and one for breathing out. This allows the patient to breathe out against a lower air pressure, but when the inhalation process starts the device will automatically deliver the prescribed air pressure for efficient therapy.
AirCurve 10 S Easy Breathe Technology
Easy-Breathe is ResMed patented, innovative technology which delivers a “waveform” style pressure that actually mimics the patient’s personal breathing pattern in order to deliver natural therapy and to help patients become quickly compliant with the device. For a natural breathing experience, AirCurve 10 S represents the best choice.
AirCurve 10 S Climate Control
Climate Control is special technology which will help delivering a constant and comfortable air humidity and temperature right at the mask. Climate Control has been developed to make oxygen therapy more comfortable, and to help patients avoid issues such as dry mouth syndrome during therapy. The Climate Control comfortable air humidity and temperature system also helps patients become quickly compliant with the required therapy.
To further enhance comfort during oxygen therapy, ResMed recommends the ClimateLineAir heated tube, which also helps preventing moisture buildup in the tube.
AirCurve 10 S My Options
The AirCurve device is set up with plenty of customizable features, and even though the machine is set up by your personal care provider you will still have access to small comfort adjustments. These include Ramp Time adjustment, Humidity Level, Mask Type setting, Run Mask Fit & Airplane Mode. By highlighting my options & pressing the dial you can check out current settings. Here, you are also allowed to personalize the available options to make therapy even more comfortable, even more compliant.
AirCurve 10 S Ramp Time
AirCurve 10 S allows patients to adjust Ramp Time according to their needs and wishes. Ramp Time setting will ensure the oxygen therapy will increase gradually, so that patients can fall asleep on more gentle pressures. When Ramp Time is up the device will start delivering therapy at higher, prescribed pressures. Patients can set up Ramp Time between 5 to 45 minutes.
Even More Options
WarmUp- AirCurve 10 S features a smart option that allows patients to pre-heat the water in the tub right before starting sleep therapy. This feature will help patients ensure that water is at comfortable temperature and that the air will not be dry/cold when they start the therapy session.
SmartStart- by enabling SmartStart, the therapy will start working automatically when the patient first breathes into the mask.
AirCurve 10 S Leak Alert- When the device senses there is too much mask leak present Leak Alert will signal an alarm.
AirCurve 10 S Integrated Technologies:
- EasyBreathe motor- AirCurve 10 S is equipped with the extra quiet EasyBreathe technology which allows patients and their bed partners to enjoy a peaceful environment during sleep without harsh noises coming from the device.
- Integrated HumidAir Humidifier- patients get constant, comfortable humidification right at the mask thanks to the integrated HumidAir system. For an even more comfortable oxygen therapy experience, patients can opt for the ClimateLineAir heated tube featuring Climate Control Technology.
- Leak Management- AirCurve 10 S maintains perfect synchrony between patient and device, while continuously ensuring proper leak management during therapy.
AirCurve 10 S Further Features:
- Built in Wireless Connectivity & access to MyAir patient management platform
- Vsync leak management for more comfortable therapy
- Enhanced Climate Control Auto
- Trigger/ Cycle & Ti Control
- EasyBreathe Waveform
AirCurve 10 S includes the following:
- AirCurve 10 S main device + integrated HumidAir humidifier
- Air Tubing system
- Water Tub system
- Power Supply Unit
- Integrated SD Card
- Â Stylish Travel Bag
AirCurve 10 S optional accessories for even greater comfort & compliance:
- Cleanable Water Tub that can be disinfected
- Heated & Non-Heated air tubing systems: SlimLine, Standard or ClimateLineAir by ResMed
- Â Standard Filter/ Hypoallergenic Filter
- SD Card reader
- Oximeter Adapter Air10
- Compatible USB Adapter
AirCurve 10 S Technical Specifications
Power Supply Unit: 90W
Typical Power Consumption: 53W
Peak Power Consumption: 104 W
Operating Temperature Range: +41F to +95F / 5 Degrees Celsius to 35 Degrees Celsius
Operating Humidity: 10 to 95% non-condensing, relative humidity
Sound Pressure Level: 26.6 dBA to 34.6dBA (depending on type of tube used)
Main Dimensions: 4.57” x 10.04” x 5.91” / 116mm x 255mm x 150mm
Housing Construction: Flame Retardant Engineering Thermoplastic
Water Tub Capacity: 380mL to Max. Fill Line
Air Filter: Polyester Non-Woven Fiber
Operating Pressure Range: 3 to 25 cm H2O
Maximum Supplemental Oxygen Flow: 15L/ MIN
*ResMed certifies AirCurve 10 S is a device meeting all the requirements set by the Federal Aviation Administration, being compliant for all phases of air travel.