Inogen G5 is one of the newest portable oxygen concentrators on the market. Read the review and decide if this machine is just what you’re looking for.
Inogen One G5 is a revolutionary Pulse Dose oxygen concentrator with Intelligent Oxygen Delivery Technology. It is a lightweight POC with plenty of intelligent features incorporated, which help patients become quickly accustomed to their new therapy. Being a portable oxygen concentrator, it is an extremely suitable option for frequent travelers. You can take your POC with you everywhere you go- on a plane, traveling by car and even camping.
Inogen One G5 is a highly versatile and robust concentrator which offers patients the option to use up to 6 different flow settings so that everyone can find the most suitable flow setting. The machine has flow settings 1 to 6, while the unit weighs just under 5 pounds. Thanks to Intelligent delivery Technology, the unit can provide patients with required oxygen therapy on a 24/7 basis. This is a portable oxygen concentrator that can be used during the day or during the night without any problems.
The POC’s oxygen production is 1260ml, and the unit comes with extended battery life so that you can enjoy therapy for a maximum amount of time without worrying about recharging, changing batteries, etc. Inogen One G5 also features a user-friendly LCD screen and comes with very quiet operation. This means that both the patient and bed partner can enjoy a quiet and restful night of sleep, without being interrupted by a noisy machine. Inogen One G5 is a highly technologically advanced portable oxygen concentrator and it represents the ideal solution for any type of setting that is required.
The unit delivers oxygen concentration levels of 90% and patients can use flow settings from 1 to 6. Your physician will help to select the most appropriate type of setting based on your individual therapeutic needs. Oxygen therapy will be delivered in the most efficient way, regardless of the setting used thanks to the intelligent oxygen delivery system. This technology helps to detect on a precise level the breathing rate of the patient and then adjusting the optimum oxygen levels so that you can get the most custom-tailored oxygen therapy at any point in time.
- When the unit detects physical activity, it will start delivering precise and short bursts of oxygen to meet your breathing needs. This way, the delivered therapy will meet all your energy needs
- During resting position or during the sleep phase, the unit will provide slower and larger boluses of oxygen in order to follow in the most natural manner your respiration rate which is decreased during rest/sleep
Inogen One G5 can be used conveniently during sleep because it will follow the natural pattern of your breathing to deliver the best possible therapy. This also means that you will not need to use two different units- one during the day and another one during the night. Based on verified customer reviews, Inogen One G5 indeed meets and exceeds the expectations of patients, when used both during the night and during the day.
Lightweight. Compact. Fits your lifestyle.
The main problem with older portable oxygen concentrators was the weight. These POCs used to be extremely heavy, bulky and difficult to carry around even within a home setting. This fact made patients become more isolated and they could not participate in social gatherings, because of a heavy and cumbersome oxygen concentrator. Today, Inogen revolutionizes the way these concentrators look and feel. With Inogen One G5 you get a truly stylish, compact and user-friendly portable oxygen concentrator which comes with a modern design.
The unit weighs less than 5 pounds and with one single battery it measures only 7.19 inches wide x 3.26 inches deep and 8.15 inches tall. It can be easily said this is an extremely wearable type of oxygen concentrator. You can take it with you wherever you go- to the park, to the restaurant, traveling by plane, by car or visiting your relatives. This portable oxygen concentrator will help you follow an active lifestyle and routine, where you are not hindered by the use of a bulky concentrator that you simply cannot carry around.
Inogen One G5 comes with long-lasting batteries to give you more freedom of movement and careless days and nights. When used on a single battery, the machine can operate up to 4.5 hours on the setting level of 2. When used on a double battery, the operation time will double- and you get 9 hours of continuous operation on a setting of 2. These are Lithium-Ion batteries of exceptional quality and they also come with a recharge time that is faster than average. It takes about 4 hours to get a full charge for the small battery and approximately 8 hours for a full charge on the large battery.
Extremely quiet. Perfect for a good night’s sleep
Yet another big issue with older POCs was that they were extremely noisy. Patients and bed partners were woken up in the middle of the night by loud noises coming from the machine. All this has changed by now because Inogen One G5 has a noise level of only 39 Decibels, which can be translated into a normal level indoors conversation. This fact helps patients feel more comfortable in social settings for example because they will not have to worry about their POC being too loud and attracting all the attention. Inogen One G5 Portable Oxygen Concentrator is indeed the perfect solution for quieter environments and also for sleeping. Both patients and bed partners can now get a restful and quiet night of sleep, without interruptions.
Inogen Connect- Free Mobile App
Now you can easily keep track of your therapeutic data with the help if the Inogen Connect free application. This app is compatible with any Android or iOS mobile device and you can quickly and easily download it. Then, you can check on your mobile phone different statistics pertaining to your therapy, battery life, and additional details. Your Inogen One G5 is Bluetooth enabled which means that it will connect in an instant with your mobile phone so that you can check the progress of your treatment.
What’s in the box?
When purchasing Inogen One G5, this is what is included in the package:
- The Inogen One G5 main unit- stylish and compact
- AC power supply/ Dc power cable
- Single battery (the double battery is an optional accessory)
- The cannula
- Stylish carry bag
- Helpful user manual
The market is abounding in portable oxygen concentrator offers. However, you need to make a well-informed decision when buying, because you will use your POC on a daily basis. This is the device that helps to offer the best treatment for you, so you cannot afford to invest in a low-quality device. You should also check and compare prices and features online before making the final decision. If you are not sure which POC to purchase you can always get professional guidance even from your physician. He will help you select the unit that is moistly suitable to your individual health needs.
Inogen One G5 represents the ideal solution from so many points of view:
- It is lightweight, stylish and compact
- It can be easily carried around and it is FAA approved
- Long battery life- even up to 9 hours of continuous operation on a double battery
- The unit allows you more freedom of movement than older models
- Up to 6 different Flow settings so that you can select the right one anytime
- Follows your natural breathing pattern- short boluses during physical activity and longer boluses during resting/sleeping position
Inogen One G5 Product Specifications
- Designed for full time usage – 24/7 basis if needed
- Single battery lasts up to 6 hours 30 minutes and double battery can go up to 9 hours
- Inogen Connect Mobile Application – free download
- FAA Approved unit- check with your airline before traveling
- Quiet operation at only 38 decibels
- Dimensions: 7.19 inches Wide x 3.26 inches Deep x 8.15 inches High with single battery
- 7.19 inches Wide x 3.26 inches Deep x 9.03 inches High with double battery
- Product Weight4.7 pounds with single battery
- Warranty: Three Year Standard Warranty; Accessories and Sieve Beds: 1 Year
- Battery Charging Time: Single Battery: Up to 4 hours
- Double Battery: Up to 8 hours
- Battery Duration: Single Battery: Up to 4.5 hours
- Double Battery: Up to 9 hours
- FAA Approved: Yes
- Flow Settings: Pulse Dose Delivery: Six flow settings – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Manufacturer: Inogen
- Maximum Oxygen Output: 1260 ml/min
- Noise Level: 39 decibels at a 2 pulse dose setting (equivalent to quiet conversation), Maximum of 58 decibels
- Operating Ranges Intended for Use Temperature: 41 to 104 Fahrenheit (5 to 40 Celsius)
- Humidity: 0% to 95%, non-condensing
- Altitude: Up to 10,000 feet (Up to 3048 meters)Oxygen Concentration90% – 3% /+ 6% at all settings
- Storage Ranges, Intended for Storage Temperature: -13 to 158 Fahrenheit (-25 to 70 Celsius)
- Humidity: 0% to 95%, non-condensing
- Store in a Dry, Clean, Protected Setting.
- User Interface: Simple control functions and easy-to-read LCD display
Fore more Oxygen Concetrators information visit our page here:
If you have any questions about the Inogen 5 Portable Oxygen concentrator and you want to leave a comment. Please do so in our comments section below.